A clinic or marketing 3rd party, can request a google analytics tracking code to be embedded into Vetstoria to allow detailed tracking within their own Google Analytics account.
Note: This can only be enabled by Vetstoria Admins
This also does not currently support cross-domain
The following must be done by a Vetstoria Engineer on behalf of the clinic
- Settings > Admin. Settings > Tracking
- Enable Google Analytics
- Enter the Tracking ID of the clinic website (GA Property; for example, UA-156556188-1)
Add this code to the 'Google Analytics script' box
- Save Changes
The Google Analytics account should now be receiving data from Vetstoria.
Vetstoria Data in Google Analytics
You should be seeing data in Reports > Realtime > Overview as users are on the page.
The page data will look similar to:
In all cases:
- You'll see a .vetstoria.com domain URL in your data.
- The hash will be unique for the clinic.
- The suffix will determine the stage of booking they are in
If the user is on your webpage using the widget, the URL will show:
This is because the code is operating in the widget, not on the website.
Note that there is a prefix in there of 'theme=widget'
Then the following suffix URL is the steps, and should be as follows:
/?step=1 : #branch
/?step=2 : #appointment-type
/?step=3 : #slots
/?step=5 : #pet-owner-details
/?step=9 : #completed
/?Step=8 : Cancel/Reschedule Screen
- user can go back to step 1 if they edit
- if they cancel, they will land on /?step=9 again.
An example of a simple funnel using the above steps and the goal destination.
Traffic Source Referrals
- Source will be the website the widget is hosted on
- Referral Path will be the page the widget is embedded on.